[igraph] graph.motifs function in the R igraph library

From: Coghlan, Avril
Subject: [igraph] graph.motifs function in the R igraph library
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:42:15 -0000

Dear igraph developers,

I am wondering if there is a way to finding out what are the motifs
found by the graph.motifs() function in the igraph library?
I am interested in using this function to find the motifs present in a
gene regulatory network (eg. containing all the gene regulatory
information for E. coli from RegulonDB).
I have read previous papers which have identified certain network motifs
that are over-represented in the E. coli gene regulatory network, such
as feed-forward loops.
When I use graph.motifs() it tells me that it finds a certain number of
particular motifs, but doesn't say what those motifs are - is there a
way to get that information?
I would be very grateful for any advice that you can give.

Kind regards,
Avril
Avril Coghlan
University College Cork, Ireland