Re: [igraph] Creating network animations with igraph

From: Velumailum Mohanaraj
Subject: Re: [igraph] Creating network animations with igraph
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:09:50 +0000

Hi Michale and others,

Many thanks for the information about the visualization of igraph.
I have recently been looking for ways of creating movies from
igraph object.  But, the problem is I have implemented a software in C++.
Furthermore, I do not know much about python.

For your information, in my graph, the network remains as it is but the color of the nodes change till the network reaches a some kind of convergence (e.g. all nodes having the same color).

So, I am still thinking about using SoNIA for creating the visualisation.
Your tutorial on this was very much helpful. But, I have not got that working
as I wanted. Because, I have not managed to keep the network static using
SoNIA. It moves around and sometimes it just shrinks to a corner. But, I want the network to stay still while the colours of the vertices change. Lack of documentation
for SoNIA means I have to spent a lot of time figuring out what is going on.

I considered UbiGRAPH before which was recommended to me in this
group. But, I am not interested to view the graph in real-time any more. Because it takes hours for the convergence of my network. Besides, as you mentioned in your
article, limited licence for the software poses another problem.

My question is, do you think there is anyway that I can use your python class
along with my C++ software which uses igraph-C? Or else, I would appreciate
 any other ideas for visualizing the network in my case.

Cheers,
Mohan.