Re: [igraph] GraphML in R

From: Matthew Walker
Subject: Re: [igraph] GraphML in R
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:42:31 -0500

Hi Gábor,

xml2-config has always been in my path, so it was not that.  However, I was finally able to solve this problem by exporting the variables rather than specifying them on the command line.  Thus, this did not work:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/system LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/system/lib/ CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/system/include

But this does work:

export CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/system/include
export LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/system/lib/
./configure --prefix=$HOME/system

I think this works because the exported parameters are then also used for the compilation of the R library.

Cheers,

Matthew

Gábor Csárdi wrote:
Matthew,

thanks for the wiki page. igraph searches for the program called
xml2-config to find the libxml2 installation. Maybe all you need to do
is to make sure that it is in your PATH. (This is true for Linux and
maybe other Unix-like systems.) Could you please check this?

Otherwise the wiki page is fine, setting the compilation flags always
works. But it is easier to just use xml2-config if your system has it.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Matthew Walker