Re: [igraph] miscellaneous from a newbie, docs and interfacing

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: [igraph] miscellaneous from a newbie, docs and interfacing
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:52:22 +0100

"Gábor Csárdi" wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Marco Maggi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Actually  I am  thinking  about  adding a  revised IGraph
>> doc  file to my Texinfo advocacy  project[1]
>
> I understand the benefit of this for projects that have no
> info  (or html,  or pdf)  documentation, but  we  have all
> these. It  is true that  the quality of  our documentation
> could be improved,  but probably the best way  to go then,
> is  to  improve it  and  store  within  the igaph  project
> itself.

I understand the benefits  of a customised infrastructure (I
have  one myself!),  but  I see  problems  in improving  the
quality  of  the  docs  while  keeping it  in  the  sources.
Anyway, if  I succeed in  doing it everyone can  judge, from
the quality of  the output, what the best way  to go is; the
copyright of  the revised document would be  fully yours, so
it  could be  included in  IGraph as  a  traditional Texinfo
source.
--
Marco Maggi