Re: [igraph] Re: weighted bipartite graphs

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Re: weighted bipartite graphs
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:39:11 +0100

Uri,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Uri Shwed <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> 1) your code generates this response from my system:
> R(2234,0xa0359500) malloc: *** error for object 0x1ebfdf48: pointer being
> freed was not allocated
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> (caused by proj<-bipartite.projection(G). It seems to still create proj, and
> the projections seem right, but without any edge or vertex attributes.

I think this is a bug that was corrected in the 0.5.3 version of igraph.

> 2) I tried downloading igraph again (by simply calling
> install.pacgages("igraph") and didn't get the support for "multiplicity".

Because it was added to the development version of igraph. You can
download it from Launchpad, or you can download a snapshot from
http://igraph.googlecode.com/files/igraph_nightly_0.6-1704-20091129.tar.gz
This is a source R package.

> 3) I tried adding to data2 the "year" coloumn from data, hoping that it
> would stick as edge attribute in proj[[2]] or at least as vertex attribute
> in proj[[1]]. It didn't.

bipartite.projection drops the attributes, unfortunately. But it keeps
the order of the vertices, so you can use the same trick I used for
'name' to keep vertex attributes.

[...]