[igraph] igraph in large dataset

From: zhengjun chen
Subject: [igraph] igraph in large dataset
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:47:05 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am using Igraph python to deal with a dataset.
The dataset consists of 60,000 nodes and more than 1M edges.
I want to get some basic graph properties (i.e. diameter, component, clustering coefficient...)
The program is running on a laptop (1G RAM). It has been running more than 12 hours. It is still running.....
I have tested another dataset, which consists of 60,000 nodes and 100,000 edges, it took about 20 minutes to finish.
I am wondering whether Igraph can handle such large dataset (60,000 nodes and 1M edges). and if it can, how long it needs to finish.

Thanks