Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X

From: Mark McClure
Subject: Re: [igraph] compilation on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:04:49 -0400

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > It works when xml2-config is on your path, whatever it may be. I'll try
>> > to come up with a workaround for the next release.
> Wait. I also have an xml2-config in my /usr/bin (and it's not a
> symlink). Not sure how it got there, though. I'm also using Mac OS X
> Snow Leopard. Do you have that file in /usr/bin?

No I do not.  It's in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/
In order to get the build to work I have to put it in /usr/local/bin
(or, I'm sure
that /usr/bin would work too).  Note that I *can't* just link it; I've
got to actually
remove the Python framework copy.  (I think that's because "which xml2-config"
still returns the Python framework directory.)  Once I've removed the Python
framework copy, the build works with either that copy moved to /usr/local/bin
or the "fake" copy that you sent me in /usr/local/bin.

>> As it turns out, a build for multiple architectures doesn't seem to
>> work with several other gcc options in the make file, like -E, -S, and
>> -M.
> I guess the way to go in this case would be to compile the object files
> with -arch i386 and -arch x86_64 separately and then link them together
> using lipo.

Thanks, I might try that later,
Mark