Re: [igraph] py2app issues

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] py2app issues
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:04:40 +0200

Hi Bernie,

I'm building a GUI that uses iGraph. The py2app program is giving me
an "ImportError" statement, which as they suggest usually means that
there are import statements in the tree that begin __import rather
than import. Does anyone one either
a. how to search the iGraph trunk for this
b. whether this is the case
- and if so, if there is an easy fix.
There aren't any __import statements in the source tree. However, your problem might be caused by the fact that igraph uses a C core and this C core is indeed imported from the main igraph module. (from igraph.core import *). Can you please send me the exact error message you are getting with py2app?

The package is great thus far. My only complaint is the fact that one
cannot key specific nodes to a specific attribute, but must use 1,2,3,
or G.vs[], which returns a list. I understand this approach scales
well (rather than creating each node as an object), but a primary key
would be just sweet in my world, and clean up a lot of code for me.
I will take a look at it and check how Gabor has implemented it for the R interface -- maybe we can come up with something similar for Python in the next release.