Re: [igraph] Stable version of MSVC builds? + Suggestion google groups

From: Laurence Muller
Subject: Re: [igraph] Stable version of MSVC builds? + Suggestion google groups
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:05:00 +0200

Gábor Csárdi wrote:
Hi Laurence,

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Laurence Muller<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gábor & Tamas,

1. MSVC build
I was wondering about the status of a 'stable' build that would be usable
with MSVC.

A while a go, Gábor made a post on the maillist with a working copy of
igraph 0.5.2 (
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/igraph-help/2009-03/msg00128.html )
Unfortunately the link seems to be dead:
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/download/igraph-0.5.2-msvc.zip

This links seems to work fine for me. Maybe the server was temporarily down.

Hmm strange, it seems to work now :), I guess it was down for a minute this morning.
The source package on the igraph download page doesn't include the required
VS project files. Any ideas on how to obtain the package?

You can always obtain the latest version by checking out the igraph
source code, doing

./bootstrap.sh
./configure
make msvc

But we actually do not check currently that it really works with MSVC.

This means that I need to do a checkout and build an environment on Linux? After that I should copy the directory to my windows box and be able to compile the project right?
2. Suggestion: Google groups
Would it be possible to mirror the mail list on google groups (For example,
OpenSceneGraph is currently using mail-archive, Gmane-archive, Google
Groups)? It would make it easier to track multiple maillists without getting
flooded in the mailclient.

OK, I check google groups and/or gmane. As long as there is no spam
appearing on the list, I am file with these.

I'm not sure if Gmane/Mail-archive would improve it, but thanks for considering Google Groups!

Kind regards,
- Laurence