Re: [igraph] trying to understand edge betweeness community detection im

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] trying to understand edge betweeness community detection implemented in igraph (re-send)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 07:08:45 +0200

Enzo, I have just run your code, and both programs print the same
values, so this is quite strange. You might have a broken or old
igraph installation. Please try to give me all information that I
might need to reproduce this:

- igraph version
- operating system and compiler version
- how did you compile the programs (i.e. gcc options if you use gcc)
- send me the karate.txt file as an attachment

Thanks,
G.

ps. I will be offline for most of the following three days, and might
answer on Monday only, sorry about that.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Enzo Tagliazucchi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Gabor,
>
> I don't get the same values. When running the following code (which prints
> the modularity values obtained by the merges, without constructing the
> membership vector),

[...]
> All this implies to me that either:
> a)  something is going wrong with the algorithms or my code (unlikely to me)
> b)  I've problems interpretating the results of the algorithms  (this might
> be the case)
[...]