[igraph] Re: igraph-help Digest, Vol 33, Issue 4

From: Samuel Rose
Subject: [igraph] Re: igraph-help Digest, Vol 33, Issue 4
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 23:43:21 -0400

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 22:34:13 +0100
From: Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [igraph] Installing on Ubuntu 8.10 x86_64
To: Help for igraph users <address@hidden>

> How do I install libigraph and libigraph-dev on my platform?
Unfortunately we don't provide precompiled igraph packages for x86_64
at the moment, so you will have to compile the C core yourself from
the source code.

First, make sure you added the following line to your /etc/apt/
sources.list:

deb http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu /packages/binary/
deb-src http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu /packages/source/

Invoke apt-get update as root to update the package list, then fetch
the source code and let Ubuntu build a package:

apt-get build-dep igraph && apt-get -b source igraph

This will build libigraph and libigraph-dev for your platform in the
current directory. You can install them afterwards using:

dpkg -i libigraph*.deb

Please let me know if it doesn't work for you, I did not try it
myself, but it should work with more or less the same commands.

> Thanks!

It does indeed work. Thank you!!

--
Sam Rose
Social Synergy

"Long ago, we brought you all this fire.
Do not imagine we are still chained to that rock...."

http://notanemployee.net/