Re: [igraph] installing pycairo for igraph support

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] installing pycairo for igraph support
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:03:00 +0100

Hi Jordan,

Fortunately the GTK and the GNOME projects provide pre-compiled
binaries for Cairo and PyCairo for Windows, so you have to grab a
few DLLs from them. I suggest you do the following:

1. Get the Cairo DLLs from http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.dll.
You will need cairo_1.8.6-1_win32.zip and the binary distribution of
libpng and zlib. From cairo_1.8.6-1_win32.zip, you will need libcairo-2.dll;
from libpng, you need libpng13.dll; from zlib, you need zlib1.dll.

2. Get the latest PyCairo Windows installer from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pycairo/1.4 . Make sure you
grab the one that matches your Python version.

3. Run the installer.

4. Copy the DLLs that you downloaded in the first step to the
site-packages directory inside your Python installation.
Alternatively, you can put these DLLs in C:\Windows\System32

I guess this should do the trick. Please let me know if it worked.