Re: [igraph] Bonpower Crashes (Sparse matrix Help)

From: Surendar Swaminathan
Subject: Re: [igraph] Bonpower Crashes (Sparse matrix Help)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:07:25 -0700

Hello Gabor,

  I am sorry with the email. Hope I am sending the reply properly and not cross posting.

I am attaching two graphs here. Graph 1 and Graph2 . Alternatively I have uploaded the graph here is the link to the uploaded Graph

The file 'Graph1.RData' (1.6 MB) is available for download at
<http://dropbox.unl.edu/uploads/20090414/da2c0f541d8e9a3c/Graph1.RData>
for the next 7 days.
It will be removed after Tuesday, April 14, 2009.
Graph 2
The file 'Graph2.RData' (4.2 MB) is available for download at
<http://dropbox.unl.edu/uploads/20090414/4874224f0a35b71d/Graph2.RData>
for the next 7 days.
It will be removed after Tuesday, April 14, 2009.
What I have is undirected Graph. I am not able to reproduce the Crash.However ,I have specified the error I get when I run the function.

How does it crash? Which operating system do you use?

Windows XP
3 GB RAM

R Version = 2.8.1
Igraph =0.6

Graph1

Summary(g)
Vertices: 8047
Edges: 99060

Directed: FALSE
No graph attributes.
Vertex attributes: name.
No edge attributes.

Error

Error in solve(id - exponent * d, tol = tol) :
  INTEGER() can only be applied to a 'integer', not a 'NULL'

Graph2
Summary(g)
Vertices: 20984
Edges: 326033
Directed: FALSE
No graph attributes.
Vertex attributes: name.
No edge attributes.

Error
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 3.3 Gb
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In solve(id - exponent * d, tol = tol) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
2: In solve(id - exponent * d, tol = tol) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
3: In solve(id - exponent * d, tol = tol) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
4: In solve(id - exponent * d, tol = tol) :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)

Thank you very much for helping.

Nathan