[igraph] calculating information centrality in igraph

From: Ruy Cervantes
Subject: [igraph] calculating information centrality in igraph
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 12:38:40 -0700

Hi,

Has anyone calculated the information centrality (Stephenson and Zelen, 1989)  metric using igraph for a large graph?

The problem that I face is that information centrality is calculated inverting a matrix, but my the network that I have is quite large(26,000 nodes and 300,000 edges), and R runs out memory if I get the adjacency matrix from igraph.

Information centrality is calculated inverting the matrix B. B = D(r) - A + J , where D(r) is a diagonal matrix with the degree of each node, A is the adjacency matrix, and J a matrix full of 1's.

I am using igraph 5.1, R 2.8.1 in OS X.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ruy Cervantes