[igraph] Generalization of Leading Eigenvector community detection

From: Al
Subject: [igraph] Generalization of Leading Eigenvector community detection
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:31:54 -0500

I would first like to thank the list and Gabor for some of my earlier
posts to the list while I got my dev environment sorted out.
My colleague and I are modifying the Newman Leading Eigenvector method
to accept weighted graphs. We have had a dialogue with Dr Newman to
understand what needs to be changed in the modularity algorithm to
accept weighted graphs. One of the changes that needs to be made, is
instead of using the number of edges, we need the sum of all of the
edge weights. I was wondering the best way using the graph object's
exposed interfaces to sum all of the edge weights.

Thanks
Alex