Re: [igraph] Installing python-igraph on a Linux machine

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Installing python-igraph on a Linux machine
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:06:31 +0100

Hi Alessandro,

Can you please check that the versions of the C core and the Python interface match with each other and you don't have any leftover igraph installation in any other path that might confuse the Python module loader? core.so should be in /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/ igraph, libigraph.so.* should be in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib. If the C core corresponding to your Python interface is in /usr/lib, make sure you don't have any other version in /usr/local/lib, otherwise the class loader picks that up first.

The Linux library loader has a debug mode which might be of some use to you. It can be activated as follows:

LD_DEBUG=libs python

This launches the Python interpreter with the library loader debug mode turned on, so you will see where it loads the libraries from.