Re: [igraph] igraph libxml2 problem

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph libxml2 problem
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:56:08 +0100

Hi Anirban,

  I am new to igraph, and have been trying to install it for RHEL,
and am getting the following error.

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libxml2.so when searching for -lxml2 /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libxml2.a when searching for -lxml2
A possible reason is that the libxml2.so and libxml2.a you have is for a different processor architecture than the one you have (although I admit I don't know how can that happen with a package manager). Maybe the libxml2 is for a 32-bit architecture while the rest of your system has 64-bit libraries or something like that. Anyway, igraph has a ready-made RPM package for Fedora Core (it's in testing status ATM); I don't know how close they are to each other, but my prior assumption is that they are pretty similar, since RHEL is just a commercial derivative of Fedora. I would just try to install the Fedora Core package first and see if it works: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/igraph