[igraph] compiling and linking question

From: Bhalchandra Thatte
Subject: [igraph] compiling and linking question
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:51:58 +0100

Pardon my silly question. I am trying to set up a development
environment so that I can start using igraph in some C++ programs.
I want to know what -ligraph means and how it should be modified for
my particular installation. I know this is probably a newbie question.
Here is the command I run.
g++ A.o B.o -O2 -Wall -L../../local/igraph/lib -ligraph -o main

I get the error /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ligraph
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [main] Error 1

I have a /local directory (and relative to my program, it is
../../local), and within it I have /bin, /lib, and /include, and as
you can see I have managed to create the object files.

I don't fully understand compiling, linking, makefiles, ... but I had
one makefile automatically created, and I normally manage to hack it
for my purpose. But this time it is I think the installation in a
non-default location, that I am unable to hack it.

Thanks for the help.
Bhalchandra Thatte

--
Department of Statistics, 1 South Parks Road, University of Oxford,
Oxford OX1 3TG, United Kingdom