Re: [igraph] labelling vertices using python

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] labelling vertices using python
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:37:49 +0200

Hi,

I checked your code and I think I found the error. When you create your graph using igraph.Graph(), the created graph already contains a vertex. When you add your vertices by g.add_vertices(...), there will be an extra vertex without a label. Its "label" attribute will be None, which is not a string -- that's why the call to Context.text_extents() fails.

Note that you can supply the number of vertice directly to the constructor:

g = igraph.Graph(len(nodeList), directed=False)