[igraph] Weighted graphs in Python interface

From: Jonathan Donges
Subject: [igraph] Weighted graphs in Python interface
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:15:32 +0200

Hi igraphers!

I've some questions about weighted networks in igraph:

1. Working with the Python interface, I would like to generate a directed weighted graph (without multiple edges and self-loops) from an adjacency matrix, where the elements of the matrix store the weight if an edge exists and are otherwise zero. The matrix is a numpy array or list of lists. How can this be achieved in a most direct way?

2. I would like to calculate shortest path related measures including the weights, i.e. the length of a path should be defined by the sum of the edge weights on the way. Particularly, I am interested in average path length, vertex betweenness centrality and vertex closeness centrality using edge weights. The weights are all positive in my application. Is this implemented yet in iGraph? Maybe in some developement version? If not, do you have suggestions for other fast libraries implementing these features?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Jonathan Donges
University of Potsdam, Germany