Re: [igraph] Please check my procedure of community detection

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Please check my procedure of community detection
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:45:36 +0100

Looks OK to me - although I'm not really familiar with R.

I wonder if the edge weights set in step 2 will affect the community results.
Well, Gabor can tell us if the fastgreedy.community interface in R supports edge weights or not. I just peeked into the source and it looks like it doesn't (although the C core supports it, so probably the R interface has not been updated when edge weights were introduced in the C layer). Why don't you try walktrap.community instead? According to my own experience, it usually produces better modularity scores and it supports edge weights in the R interface as well.