Re: [igraph] edge select

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] edge select
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:55:21 +0100

A simple question, but I'm a bit confused by the doc strings. In python, I want to select an edge based on the nodes it connects...

>>> G.es[0].tuple
(0, 1)

Can I use G.es.select to find the edge connecting nodes 0 and 1 for example?
Unfortunately not, although it would be a nice addition and I'll think about how to implement it the most user-friendly way (maybe something like g.es.select(between=(v1,v2)) where v1 and v2 can either be vertex indices or VertexSeq objects). Use g.get_eid to find out the index in the meanwhile.