[igraph] Need more information about memberships

From: Zhigang Wu
Subject: [igraph] Need more information about memberships
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:38:57 +0800

Hi, Gabor,

Now I want to use the function “igraph-community-to-membership()” to check the community structure results from the merges matrix. It is a pity that I am not very clear about the meaning of related parameters. Could you please tell me more about it?

Suppose there is a graph shown as follow:

community_structure_problem_fig01.jpg

The graph seems to have obvious community structure. Then what is the merges matrix built by igraph-community-fastgreedy()? Furthermore, how can I export the two communities (the 4-node complete graph {1, 2, 3, 4} and 3-node complete graph {5, 6, 7}) by reading the output parameters (membership and csize) of function igraph-community-to-membership()?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Zhigang Wu