Re: [igraph] Question about subgraph detections!

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question about subgraph detections!
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:37:34 +0100

Zhigang Wu,

the thing is that the original VF2 implementation allows using
edge/vertex attributes for the matching process, and then two
vertices can match only if their attributes match, etc.
See more here:
http://amalfi.dis.unina.it/graph/db/vflib-2.0/doc/vflib.html

I think that the speed of this implementation is about the same
as the igraph one, although i've never tried it with
attributes.

VFlib is, however, a different library, you cannot use anything
from your igraph code unfortunately. :( When i answered your previous
email i completely forgot about VFlib supporting attributes, sorry
about that, and for the extra work you did.

The attributes surely speed up the matching, but how much, whether
it will be 5 hours of 5 minutes, i don't know.

Best,
G.