Re: [igraph] igraph Python: ImportError: DLL load failed

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph Python: ImportError: DLL load failed
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:36:49 +0100

Hi Kenneth,

I also get a Windows alert message about libxml2.dll not found, suggesting I reinstall to fix it. I tried that to no avail. Anyone know what I’m missing?

I just checked the libxml2 archive on http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/ . There is a file called libxml2.dll inside the bin subdirectory. Please try copying this to c:\Windows\System32 (or wherever the system32 subdirectory of your Windows setup is). Maybe you'll also need to do that for iconv.dll in the iconv archive.

I also checked the compiled igraph extension with Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com ). The main part of the compiled extension (core.pyd in my case) depends solely on libxml2.dll, msvcr71.dll, python25.dll and kernel32.dll. Provided that these files are installed properly at the right places, Python should be able to import the igraph extension. If it still does not work, please try to open core.pyd with Dependency Walker and post any error messages that you encounter.