Re: [igraph] Fastgreedy Community Finding Algorithm

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Fastgreedy Community Finding Algorithm
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:02:47 +0200

Hi Georgios,

> Now i wonder if there is a special reason to not also implement the
> improvements proposed by Wakita and Tsurumi  for the merging
> heuristics as well??? (except of the work necessary for implementation
> of course.)
Apart from the work necessary, there is no special reason :) The only
reason why I did not do it so far is lack of time. It shouldn't be too
difficult, one has to modify the igraph_i_fastgreedy_commpair
structure to include another field (like, dq_heuristics) which
contains the dq value modified by their heuristics, make sure that
they are updated accordingly after every merge, and update the heap
maintenance functions (igraph_i_..._sift_down and
igraph_i_..._sift_up) to use dq_heuristics instead of dq. I think
that's all. If you have time to do that, feel free to send a patch; if
not, we added this request to our issue tracker so it will eventually
be implemented.