Re: [igraph] power.law.fit

From: Simone Gabbriellini
Subject: Re: [igraph] power.law.fit
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:43:22 +0200

Gabor,

you are right: my graphs are 25 "shots" in the evolution of one online community, measured using its forum communications.
the first graph has 59 nodes, the last 571.

I see the evolution of this community is scale free, and I am looking for some way to prove it, like power.law.fit().

I would like to plot for each graph the degree distribution and the fit, but I don't know how.. I need a plot with, on the x axis, the degree value, and on the y axis the number of nodes that hold that degree value.

I tried with degree.distribution, but I am sorry I don't understand the meaning of the results..

thanks,
Simone