Re: [igraph] Trait Games

From: Csardi Gabor
Subject: Re: [igraph] Trait Games
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:35:35 +0200

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 01:46:26PM -0400, Vincent Matossian wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> I have been playing around with the Callaway trait and establishment games
> and was wondering what publication references they came from, if any?
>
> Is it named after Duncan Callaway as in the one of "Are randomly grown
> graphs really random?"

Vincent,

yes. These were included for personal use mostly. We worked on
establishment.game for a while, my colleagues came up with this,
we couldn't go too far:

Zalányi L, Csárdi G, Kiss T, Lengyel M, Warner R, Tobochnik J, Érdi P:
Properties of a random attachment growing network. Physical Review E
68, 066104 (2003)

callaway.traits.game is the generalization of the simple game in the
Callaway paper to vertices with different traits.

Some people could do much more on this, see eg.
http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0306072

Cheers,
G.