Re: [igraph] building R package from development branch igraph--main--0.

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] building R package from development branch igraph--main--0.4
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:23:20 +0200

Hmmm, some misunderstanding here i think. There is an R interface to the
walktrap community structure algorithm, written by hand. So i think
Vincent just wants to create an R package from the development source tree.
Am i right, Vincent? If yes, this is what to do in the main directory.

./bootstrap.sh
./configure
./bootstrap.sh
make
cd interfaces/R
make

and then you should have a file called igraph_0.4.tar.gz, which is the
R source package. You can install it via

R CMD INSTALL igraph_0.4.tar.gz

or if i remember well you use windows, so you can run

Rcmd build --binary igraph

in the interfaces/R directory. This creates an R binary package.
Is that what you want?

There are a lot of requirements though for this to work: autoconf,
automake, libtool, the R development tools, etc. Personally i build
the source package on Linux and then copy it to a windows machine
to make a binary from it.

I've uploaded an up-to-date source package to
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/download

Gabor

ps. make sure you use the repository at cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu and
not the one at savannah, as i update that only once a month or so.