ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] How to fle "unknown" emails

From: Brett Nemeroff
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] How to fle "unknown" emails
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:59:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,
I reciently got ifile up and running. It looks great. I'm using a lot of
the scripts suggested for UNIX/.procmail integraion. A problem that I have
is often times I get emails that simply don't fit any of my 12 or so
folders. When then happens, it gets placed in a best fit, which often
isn't right.

Is there a way to, for example, if the best fit is less than a <80% chance
to file it as "Unknown". It would actually need to give it a "Unknown"
flag. This way when the refile.learn scripts run, it learns how to file
unknown emails.

Of course, I could create a "Unknown" folder, but I think that's the wrong
approach. I want emails with a low matching score to be unknown. Not
emails that match an "unknown pattern".

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brett