identica-mode-devel

Re: [Identica-mode-devel] fixes and proposals

From: identica-mode-devel
Subject: Re: [Identica-mode-devel] fixes and proposals
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:47:08 -0400

I like the idea of going with ELPA. Not everyone has Emacs 24 yet, but
package.el is installable for Emacs 23, and (maybe?) Emacs 22, so
that's okay. I just installed oauth2 for use with Google contacts, and
it was very painless.

As for multiple active timelines: I currently find it perfectly
convenient to switch between timelines depending on what I want to
read. The only use I can see for multiple concurrently active
timelines is to compare between them, and that's not something I
really ever find myself wanting to do. One alternative that might be
useful would be to keep a stack of previous views, to which you can
return via an identica-previous-view function and keybinding. For
instance, I start in my friends timeline, go to the emacs group
timeline and the android group timeline, then go to a conversation
timeline in order to follow something that I saw in one of those
groups. I may want to unwind my history to go back to the group I was
looking at before I got sidetracked by the conversation timeline.

| Jason F. McBrayer address@hidden |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors. --- The Dhammapada |