hyperbole-users

GNU Hyperbole 7.0.8 TEST RELEASE with patches available for source downl

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: GNU Hyperbole 7.0.8 TEST RELEASE with patches available for source download
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 22:38:29 -0500

In preparation for Hyperbole version 8, we have produced a test release with the bulk of all the major changes.  It is not hard to test out but it is not automated as a package install as version 8 will be.  We'll allow for about two weeks of feedback and then make the regular wide-scale release.

Here is what is new:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hyperbole.git/tree/HY-NEWS

Here are instructions for installation:

If you want to compile Hyperbole yourself you can do it like this:

Move to some path in the filesystem where you want to keep Hyperbole
and clone the git repository:

    git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/hyperbole.git

cd to the hyperbole folder that was just created. (This is the
PATH-TO-HYPERBOLE-FOLDER that is mentioned below.)

    cd hyperbole

Byte compile the files:

    make bin

If you prefer to work from the source without byte compiling you can
instead do:

    make src

Now Hyperbole is prepared on your system but you need to load it to
your emacs. Edit your "~/.emacs" file and insert the lines:

    (add-to-list 'load-path "PATH-TO-HYPERBOLE-FOLDER"))
    (load "hyperbole-autoloads")
    (load "hyperbole")

Restart your emacs or evaluate the lines above in your running emacs
and you are done.

Enjoy,

Bob and Mats