hyperbole-users

[Hyperbole-users] Pointers to create modification on link-to-mail

From: Jean Louis
Subject: [Hyperbole-users] Pointers to create modification on link-to-mail
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 00:55:04 +0200

I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X
toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

        Hyperbole:   7.0.3
        Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
        OS Type:     gnu/linux
        Window Sys:  x
        News Reader: Gnus v5.13

I would like to create a modification for implicit button for email
addresses, so that I can get a choice, like to view the conversation
related to the email address, or to view the profile of the person or
to open Org file for the person, or to write email to the person.

I can make the choice myself in Emacs Lisp.

For example, I can use `maildir' package to open up list of messages
in maildir, if such maildir directory is related to the email
address. For example ~/Maildir/address@hidden could contain all
emails to and from email address address@hidden. I use this
already with `mutt' withot problems, and wish to do it in Emacs.

It would be also logical to get some choice on email addresses actions
as they are related to Rolo address book, right? One would like to see
the phone number based on the email address.

Should I start by changing (defib mail-address or I could maybe
re-assign some new defib type (or how it is called)? What do you
think?

Email address is unique ID and as such can link to various other
information pieces: picture of person, directory for the person, phone
numbers in my own address book, notes, Org file about person and
assignments, sending SMS to person (when phone number is available),
and so on.

Jean