hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Use control-? key as main menu

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Use control-? key as main menu
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:09:34 -0500

Dale wrote:
> I'm sure this issue has been addressed loads of times, but I can't find
> it so if someone could point me to information about how to change
> hyperbole's use of control-h to a different key I'd be most grateful.
>
> Control-h *HAS* to be my backspace key!

You are right.  Yours is the 3rd message asking this question since Hyperbole 7 was released.  We'll have to add something to the FAQ in the Hyperbole Manual on this and document how to change it since it is simple.

​The C-h h key invokes the command 'hyperbole and uses a standard global key binding that you can unset and change to something else.  Bind a key for the command 'hyperbole before you load the Hyperbole package in your Emacs init file and then Hyperbole will not bind C-h h (remember to restart Emacs after doing this).

    (global-set-key "\C-?" 'hyperbole)

That is all there is to it.

The following attached screenshot shows you where Hyperbole binds that key and that you can even change it for one Emacs session from the Hyperbole menubar menu.  Probably in the future we will make this permanently customizable from the menu.

-- Bob