hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] ANNOUNCE: GNU Hyperbole 6.0.2 for Emacs 24.4 or ne

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] ANNOUNCE: GNU Hyperbole 6.0.2 for Emacs 24.4 or newer is released
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:07:42 -0400

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 10:08 AM, tumashu <address@hidden> wrote:
Just like the below config,  and another feature is expected:  when a valid hyperbole button is found at the point, the color of the [HyperB] button in mode-line can change.

​Ok, I now understand what you want to do (have a single button on the modeline activate either the Action Key or the Smart Key based on where point is prior to the button click) but I am unsure of why you want to do it.  Is it because the mouse button bindings of the Action and Assist Key are not convenient for you to press and with the modeline button you could just press the left or the middle button?  There is a variable, hmouse-middle-flag, I believe which if set before Hyperbole is loaded, enables the middle button as the Action Key.  With that, you wouldn't have to click somewhere else to activate the Action Key but just click where you want an activation.

The main issue I see is that the visual location of the modeline button can be far from where point is, so it would be difficult to mentally connect what action is likely when you are focusing on the modeline button rathe​r than the location of point.

​Bob