hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Can't find hsite file?

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Can't find hsite file?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:31:02 -0400

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Feng Shu <address@hidden> wrote:

===================================
Compiling file /home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa/hyperbole-6.0/hinit.el at Sun Jul 17 21:36:43 2016
hinit.el:26:1:Error: Cannot open load file: 没有那个文件或目录, hsite

​This is a compilation order problem where hinit.el is compiled before hyperbole.el has a chance to copy hsite.el from hsite-ex.el.  To fix it for your use, just copy hsite-ex.el to hsite.el i​n the main Hyperbole directory.

​Interestingly, just yesterday I was thinking of removing hsite-ex.el/hsite.el entirely since the minimal code i​n there could be part of hyperbole.el now and there is no good way to maintain a localized file in the main Hyperbole directory now that we use the Emacs package manager for installation.  Plus, the introduction of permanently customizable options for Hyperbole in 6.0
 allows individual users to make permanent customizations themselves without editing any code.

I will go ahead and make this change.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Bob