hyperbole-users

[Hyperbole-users] Status report

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: [Hyperbole-users] Status report
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:28:41 +0100

Hi,

I just recently became aware of that there are a few subscribers to
this list. OOPS! So I thought you are entitled to some info about what
is going on. So here is a status report.

The situations is this: There are good news and there are bad news.

The good news is that I have started again with real work by checking
in the 4.01 version. This is the version that is available at
"http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hyperbole/";. I also have a version based on
this, not ready for check in yet, that I use daily.

The bad news is that this is the version that I will base the further
maintenance work on. The reason for this is licensing. Future will
tell what this means. In the short term it means that there is a lot
of work to get this version to the same level as the 4.18 version,
that is available at Source Forge.

I don't plan to go down that road. Instead I will try to make
something useful from 4.01 and current functionality in Emacs. I will
focus on things I have found useful. User input is of course wanted in
this process.

However the first thing to do is to create a release that works with
modern Emacs so that there is something for users to use.

Yours
--
%% Mats