hurdfr-paris

[Hurdfr-paris] subdivision

From: Elliot Mcknight
Subject: [Hurdfr-paris] subdivision
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 05:19:07 -0700

For a while we had two teams running, using separate Subversion repositories.
com is many things to many people. Butopen-source software is challenging the notion that you must pay forsupport. The ZIP drive was a classic, so I checked out their latest stuff too.
Iwent down to a local bookstore and spent a few minutes talking aboutversion control, Subversion, and what the book covered. There are a few projects being proposed for approval next week.
With a bit of Unix savvy this is really easy to set up, including ssh encryption of the traffic. Details of the event are quoted in the media release below. If you have had a chance to try it out there is an opportuntiy to send in your feedback to make suggestions to improve it and convince the powers that be that this should be made permanent.
Butopen-source software is challenging the notion that you must pay forsupport.
Details of the event are quoted in the media release below.
Portability is somewhat limited, since throwing a hard disk around will definitely reduce its reliability.
The report was quite positive in whole.
Thanks for stopping by. WHAT'S YOUR TASTE IN XMAS ORNAMENTS?
I think probably not.
Thanks for stopping by. This phase will see the trail continued from the eastern edge of Marilyn Bell Park to the Western edge of Ontario Place.
There are a few projects being proposed for approval next week. Dave did theediting for my book and was my main sounding board and agony auntthroughout the process.
com is many things to many people. Each new repository is something extra to administer, but this overhead also gives flexibility.
Even better I can render straight toPDF on my laptop, seeing the actual book as it will look in print.
Iwent down to a local bookstore and spent a few minutes talking aboutversion control, Subversion, and what the book covered.
For others, it's strictly entertainment at the Captions Game. Subversionalso adds features like change sets, atomic commit, decent networkingperformance, and a reliable back end.
The ZIP drive was a classic, so I checked out their latest stuff too. This worked because the load command simply replays a series of commits, simulating what would have happened if the Chicago team had been working with us all along. You can get the book from the PragmaticProgrammer website or from online vendors such as Amazon. If they had used the same directory structure we would not have been able to simply load their changes into our repository.
Subversion has an extremely active user community and you canoften get a response in minutes, for free.
The old fence has already been removed and orange construction fence is up demarcating the construction zone. I had excellent reviewfeedback and a bunch of ideas for taking the book forward in variousways, and figuring out which of these to include was pretty tricky.