hurd-devel

Removing support for NORMA from GNU Mach

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Removing support for NORMA from GNU Mach
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:59:38 -0500

Hi!

Are there any objections that I remove the public header / definition
files `include/mach/mach_norma.defs', `include/mach/norma_task.defs' and
`include/mach/norma_special_ports.h' from GNU Mach?

My mail to bug-hurd about removing the broken NORMA code is attached.

Regards,
 Thomas
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Removing dead code for NORMA support Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:36:14 -0500 User-agent: Mutt/1.5.6+20040907i
Hi!

Are there any objections against removing the currently unused and
apparently broken NORMA code from GNU Mach?  (Currently `#if'ed out, see
`bogus/norma_*.h'.)

NORMA basically seems to implement a machanism for network transpartent
IPC.

Some comments about its inadequacies are available here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2000/11/msg00103.html

Regards,
 Thomas