hurd-devel

Re: flag day for 64-bit?

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: flag day for 64-bit?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:37:45 -0700

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 03:27:32PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > > The libc work will be the only thing of any substance, and that
> > > just some cut & paste.  It's just replacing foo64 functions that
> > > do overflow checks and call foo with foo functions that just
> > > call foo64.

> > Are you thinking glibc 2.2 or 2.3?

> I was thinking tomorrow (so 2.2).

Sounds lovely.  If it's early enough, perhaps the local GNU/Hurd users
group can stare at the screen and beat it up a little.  It will be me,
Simon, Ryan, and James.

I don't remember the conversations you referred to in your other email
- What would we test for to measure success (as in, how will we know
it's good enough to upload)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.