hurd-devel

Re: glibc & libio

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: glibc & libio
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:59:10 -0500 (EST)

> any news from Jakub on the shlib version issue and the dwarf code?

No, there has been an annoying lack of response.  I have heretofore avoided
understanding how it's all supposed to be so as to offer any specific
opinions on the problem.  I had hoped that reporting it in terms of
--enable-oldest-abi=2.2.5 on linux (where the problem is the same)
would elicit some response, but it has not.  I will poke Jakub again.

> Will Ulrich release a 2.2.5 that is broken with regards to this?

Probably so, unless we act first.  I don't think there is any other working
platform that uses the no-compatibility case, so we are the only ones who care.