help-texinfo

Re: texinfo: warning: @anchor should not appear on @item line

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: texinfo: warning: @anchor should not appear on @item line
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:30:40 +0100

Am 18.03.24 um 19:13 schrieb Patrice Dumas:
On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 01:24:23PM +0100, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
In a texi file, I have a table where each item should get an anchor:

@table @code

@item @anchor{label1}label1
Text1

@item @anchor{label2}label2
Text2

@end table

What's the proper way to set an anchor for an item?
The item should not be out-of-screen when following a generated link.

As for the texinfo version; I don't have control over that because I am
not the owner of the project; I am just adding (small parts of) the
documentation.

I fount thread
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/help-texinfo/2023-11/msg00004.html

so is that warning problem already fixed in recent revisions?

In my tests it seems so.  If a @vtable is used instead of a @table and
a printindex is used too, there are two <a> generated for the anchor,
but it does not seems to me to problematic.  More problematic is that
there is no visible link to the index entry generated in the @printindex
formatting, which could be investigated.

Hi Patrice,

thanks for the swift answer.  In my specific case it is only about
@table @code.  If I understand you correctly, then this was a glitch
in texinfo, and not that @anchor and @item are fundamentally
incompatible.  That's good to hear.

Johann