help-texinfo

Re: float identifier has been already used

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: float identifier has been already used
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 01:12:49 +0100

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 11:45:49PM +0100, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> I made the following macro to display an image.  I am encountering a problem
> because when I want to display the image image a second time, the same float
> identifier (name{igc03-sicl-circumambrg}) has been already used.

Indeed, float names, like nodes, or anchors need to be unique.  You
could add a comment to distinguish the floats.

@macro igmSiclCircumambrg {label}
@set fignm igc03-sicl-circumambrg [01]
@float Figure,igc03-sicl-circumambrg\label\
@end macro

One of the call could have an empty label to be the target for links
using igc03-sicl-circumambrg.