help-texinfo

Re: Roman Numerals (i, ii, iii, iv) for @enumerate

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Roman Numerals (i, ii, iii, iv) for @enumerate
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 19:48:35 +0100

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 01:44:44PM +0100, michael-franzese@gmx.com wrote:
> Could be
>
> @enumerate @roman ii

It looks different from usual Texinfo syntax.  Maybe

@enumerate ii, roman

In HTML it would be relatively easy to implement, if instead of

 @enumerate ii, roman

it was

 @enumerate 2, roman

as it would simply means changing a type for the <ol>.  But for Info it
it would mean implementing a roman numeration.  I had a look at the
Roman perl module and it is very small and could be integrated too in
texinfo like the other modules.  Actually, if this module is used,

 @enumerate ii, roman

could be used too.