help-texinfo

Re: @ref displays "see" strings in info files

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: @ref displays "see" strings in info files
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 13:06:17 +0200

The solution is to use this declaration in Emacs Init files
for info.

(setq Info-hide-note-references 'hide)

"hide" is not in the Manual, but shows up when doing

"M-x describe-variable <Ret> Info-hide-note-references"

Shall update the documentation. Would be worthwhile to
add a few words about this alto in the Texinfo Manual.
There could be a section: "Viewing Info Files in Emacs",
with some details.  I could write something.