help-texinfo

Re: Macro introduces \par in Table of Contents

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Macro introduces \par in Table of Contents
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 20:27:33 +0200

Have done some more tests and the \par problem extends also to multiline
titles for @chapter, @section, @subsection, and @subsubsec.

For users, using @ at the end of each line is acceptable. It also gets
the correct title alignments.  Using  DEL character is not a good strategy
for users.

@chapter{Amplitude Asymmetry in the Empirical Green Function Amplitude@
Asymmetry}

@section{Strong amplitude asymmetries between the Retarded Causal Branch@
and the Advanced Anti-Causal contribution to the Coherence Function}

Allowing Multiline titles would be a good improvement to Texinfo, especially
for users to write on complicated topics, books, etc.

One possible solution could include the addition of a Title Construction
Function one can call, which would allow multiline titles to be properly
passed to sections and subsections, including the unnumbered versions.

I have previously constructed macros with several arguments. My experience has
been that parameter values are being passed correctly even if they continue for
several  lines.  Might need to write some small examples and send them, to see
that works and what does not.

Regards
Christopher