help-texinfo

Re: [help-texinfo] GNU info reader: why display for links has been chang

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] GNU info reader: why display for links has been changed?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:34:56 +0300

> From: Aleksey Midenkov <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 12:41:10 +0300
>
> I still wonder why links became underlined and lost their numbers. It was
> very easy to just type 1-9 from
> keyboard and get into what you want. I don't remember when it was changed,
> but it better variant was in Hamm
> (sorry, no screenshot).
>
> It still bugs me out. As well as this redundant underlining which makes text
> harder to read. So how to configure
> to return back old representation?

What do you mean by "numbers"?  I don't think the stand-alone Info
reader was ever numbering menu items, if that's what you mean.

As for losing the underlining, I think this will do it:

  M-x set-variable RET link-style nounderline RET

You can make this the default by editing your .infokey file, as
described in the "Custom Key Bindings" node of the manual.