[Help-sweater] cosmonaut treatise

From: Bobbie Stanton
Subject: [Help-sweater] cosmonaut treatise
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:15:04 +0300

" And sometimes when I return from my third meeting in three nights, I sit and think to myself, how do I do it?
They say your heart keeps getting bigger. I haven't launched my play cafe because, well, a number of things.
But I am happy, energized, thriving with my dozens of activities and responsibilities. Instead, I made an album for her, of Everett, and wrote how much he wanted to meet her.
I rarely drink enough water, partly because I'm lazy. " Meaning that I have permission to go into labor.
And I've already lost him as a teensy baby.
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to welcome new members into our group, and to help support a few new mamas who will be giving birth this May and June.
At the same time I long for those days when he'll smile at me.
His eyes are meeting mine. Today was the last first bath Truman will ever take.
Could I be that super a mama? Is there room enough in the world for mamas who love infants and mamas who'd rather romp with the toddlers?
It's highly frustrating to not have a grip on your body's progression toward it's goal. With Truman, I'm happy to hand him off to someone more capable of gurgling to a delicate little thing who can't give anything back but heavy breathing and cries.
When my husband signed up for the Army Reserves, I felt very sad, but thought, it's o. Kalispell is just the other end of the earth, and when I lived on the East Coast, my time and funds to visit family just didn't allow a trip to such an out-of-the-way place.
I give Everett a bath about once a week, when I'm energetic. did I mention I quote Gerard Manley Hopkins from memory?
Yet my classic overachiever personality keeps taking more on. This summer, our car will be paid off, and we'll be close to relieving ourselves from many of the debts that have been nagging us.
At the same time I long for those days when he'll smile at me. I kept going religiously to our weekly meetings, unless I was out of town or on bedrest - and even asked that we have our meeting at my house, then.