[Help-sweater] rogue

From: Maggie Albert
Subject: [Help-sweater] rogue
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:58:05 +0200

I got the tarp cover up to get a dry spot to work under.
Climb from north to south across the whole mountain. My front right tire was hanging down in the creek and off the ground.
However, they are all in some group with a professional guide.
A couple of trucks stopped by to help and see if we were OK. We were out trying to find this one property that we wanted to check out. This is a ghost town now but it used to be one of those old mining towns I guess.
Right off the bat, we cant find the trail.
I walked down and saw a small log bridge crossing the creek behind some trees. That was one of those moments for Becky where you wonder what you have done.
I caught some sleep but Kim was up with her all night.
I walked down and saw a small log bridge crossing the creek behind some trees.
My wife is going to be a pissy zombie tomorrow.
Turns out it was RocketBoom interviewing webcam folks. GPS shows the car is just over there but we cant seem to get there.
You cant see any of the surroundings and they kill the breeze. This is a ghost town now but it used to be one of those old mining towns I guess.
As we start to descend back to the car, we cross this spot.
I was right in there with my age group this year and I didnt train for this specifically. Right off the bat, we cant find the trail. The homes on the hillside were huge and gorgeous. Too busy trying to get back to Leadville to get a Belly Buster Burger at Wild Bills! You cant see any of the surroundings and they kill the breeze.
There is a large lake outside of Leadville called Turquoise Lake. Sydney wanted to go for a ride on Daddys Bike.
This is one of those moments where you can either break down or suck it up and grind it out.
So we got back to that junction and went the other way.
That was one of those moments for Becky where you wonder what you have done. Remember, the whole traverse thing with one car on each side? I was right in there with my age group this year and I didnt train for this specifically.
So now we have trucks positioned at both ends of the mountain. I swung right a bit and started the turn. The trail is lightly beaten down so you have to keep you eye out for the turns.
We cant see Mount Massive at this point because we are down in a basin behind it.