[Help-sweater] covetous fete

From: Mabel Knox
Subject: [Help-sweater] covetous fete
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:49:24 +0200

Sure, everyone says youre a wicked old tick, as crooked as acorkscrew. Hehas a common Irish face, its _expression_ sullen, or slyly cunning,or primly self-righteous.
His voice is high-pitched with a pronouncedbrogue. Im sorry to see you go, but its thebest thing for you. So make up your mind to it, and sit down.
In fact, he asked me to tell you he hopesyou kill him. He knows you did it and he told hismaster so. He was in themeadow, but the minute I turned my back he sneaked off. Hes bound to be swindled out of it, anyway.
And you keep yourmad scheming to yourself. I learned long since to let you go your own waybecause theres no controlling you. They wouldnt dare putfood in their mouths before they said grace for it.
Ill bet the ones you know on Broadway, New York, wouldntneglect their business.
Ivebeen holding my temper, because were saying good-bye.
And I wouldnt put it past you, God forgive you.
Without their noticing, Josieappears in the doorway behind Tyrone.
She wears a cheap, sleeveless, blue cotton dress. Hogan scratches a match on the seat of his overalls andlights his pipe, pretending not to see him. Make fun of me again, because I want to bedecent. The nextmoment I was on the floor thinking a mule had kicked me. A weak lazy back and the appetite of adrove of starving pigs! And do you remember thetwo Crowleys came back to give me a beating, and I licked themboth?
Sure, everyone says youre a wicked old tick, as crooked as acorkscrew.